Preparing for the Generative AI Paradigm Shift
Not even halfway through the year, 2023 has already been defined by the advent of generative AI, manifest in the rapid proliferation of tools like OpenAI’s ChatGPT and DALL-E. Headlines have declared generative AI everything from a threat to the US patent system to the key to unlocking new efficiencies in film production. On April 25, the Bliss Group hosted a panel, “Chat GPT, AI and The Future of Content,” to explore the implications of this new technology.
We were joined by Yash Gad, CEO of Ringer Sciences and Chief Data Scientist at the Next Practices Group and Ganesh Padmanabhan, founder and CEO of Autonomize, Inc. Our lively discussion provided the opportunity to share perspectives on how generative AI will help shape our future, as well as some practical ways in which we can adapt:
- Envision how every square inch of your offering will evolve. No matter your industry, expect AI to transform every element of your business. Right now, we’re in a moment of hype, but recognize that this change will happen over time and approach it with a sober mind.
- Focus on governance to get it right. Just like with the rise of social media over a decade ago, organizations must figure out their policies, procedures, and training to help their personnel successfully—and sustainably—tap into this powerful technology.
- Embrace AI-assisted data science. The next generation of analytics is about to start. In healthcare, for instance, large language models (LLMs) are already aiding experts in areas like drug discovery and disease management.
- Internal communications will shift from content to global communities. Imagine an internal comms network that can speak to itself, reachable by a global community through the use of an app. Over time, the network will be able to provide more helpful information based on its observation of users’ behavior.
- Prepare for a new world of reputational threats. The potential for reputational damage has never been greater, as bad actors can use generative AI to manipulate audio, visual, and even video content. We must understand how these tools will translate into the threat tactics of the future.
By Bob Pearson and Adam Schwartzman
Transforming Healthcare from Atom to Access: Q&A with NPG Health and Bliss Bio Health CEO Gloria VanderhamFind out more >
Discussing Digital Marketing with Melissa Stone, The Bliss Group’s Vice President of Digital MediaFind out more >